Saturday, December 15, 2007

Update December 15, 2007




I guess I got a notion to render, a little, this week. I haven't really done this in a long time and I'm pretty rusty at it. One of the things that prevents me from keeping in practice is that it takes sooooo long. On the other hand, if your standards are somewhat lax and your ambitions light- like mine- rendering can be a relaxing and pleasureable pasttime. Kind of like putting it in gear and heading out on the road for a Sunday drive in the country.

Also, finally filled up the brown sketchbook- so no more of that- although I like the look of the paper- it really is difficult to deal with the limitation of value that the darker surface imposes- for instance- I couldn't really put a light tone down to cheat the form- so, today, I'll go out and buy a new book- white pages, this time.

No comments: