Monday, March 17, 2008

Windy City

Out walking before the sun this morning and the wind is blowing. My little doggy doesn't like this- and wants to head for home. But, there is a crackle in the air- negative charged ions, or something- that makes me unbearably happy to be alive- this moment is special.
Yesterday was Sunday- and, as I have said before- I often draw from the Sunday Times while I have my coffee. While I try not to "copy" images directly- but to use them as a source of inspiration- I came across this photo of the CEO of a large home loan company- seemingly listening to something- something that we can't hear or see. Priceless.
And then, there was this great picture of one of my favorites: Marian McPartland. I used to watch her on TV on Sundays when I was a kid- I always found her fascinating- Happy Birthday, Ms. McPartland!
Things pouring out, things growing, things looking and seeing and old broads-

1 comment:

adebanji said...

LOOK,.. I LOVE WHAT YOU ARE DOING- I STUMBLED ON YOUR SITE FROM artistswhoteach- YOU'VE GOT ME INSPIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!