Wednesday, March 2, 2011

How Do You Sleep?




link to website update

505

Fearing cows with serpents for teeth
we extend our hands psalms upward
into the dry air
the desert floor is littered with
cracked eyeglasses and shoes
the wind stinks of oysters and
ominous instinct
Catastrophe rules
shortly, we receive our answer
and we turn back to friends
whose ideas appall us but
in whom we still find life and
an unsurpassed world

506

Let me issue a disclaimer
let me stare sideways against the shade
Let me take wing and be the king
of flowers and telegraph poles
and drunken strings and
underjawed, art arising
from misunderstanding
let me fill my tomorrows with sparrows and
guitar music with
winged eyes rushing
to interview the morning
let me touch spring

1 comment:

Richard Ewing said...

Love the intensity and conflict in #2.. especially the nice fellow on the right.