Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sea Of Storms




link to website update

529

I had forgotten the indecent downpour
the one I so long ago sheltered from
until the drizzle of this morning
and there, unslept, I was suddenly shot
through with red feeling
and driven mad by ruthless emptiness.
Now the hollow world of night
returns and takes possession of
the tables that never really turn
but they leave me waiting, furious
and return me to something small and bent and out of doors,
lumpy, coughing weapon
staggering behind the weight of those crazy years.

532

Our Sistah! a whispering chant
lurching we forward toward you nymph your song
and smoke we cast outward and find you mortal
you, expected force descending,
passing watchman sleeping
veiled truth is now broken,
the flame of boughs and sunlight
my evil arms deserve you
my expected tears turn into
voices
Shema Israel Adonai Elohenu

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great towers !